88% of US citizens interact digitally with government officials. For government agencies, digital transformation is more important than ever. During the COVID-19 pandemic, demand for trustworthy websites and digital services skyrocketed, but most organizations needed to prepare, and many still need to catch up. The downtime of websites for essential services like immunization appointments and jobless claims disappointed many individuals. It doesn’t have to be slow and frustrating to use online government services. Governmental organizations have the same ability to provide customized citizen experiences as the world’s most prosperous corporations. Adopting a content management system (CMS) like Drupal is one of the quickest and most efficient ways for agencies to update their constituents’ digital experiences online.
Government and public sector websites will benefit from Drupal 10’s enhanced security, configurability, flexibility, and integration capabilities, in addition to its best features and functionalities. Drupal 10 is the CMS of choice for government websites because it gives organizations the tools to handle their particular requirements effectively. Government organizations should consider Drupal 10 as the platform for digital transformation and providing residents with outstanding online experiences.
Here are some of the reasons why federal agencies prefer Drupal
- Robust Security Features: It has built-in security features such as a comprehensive permission system, input validation, and output filtering, which are vital for government websites. Drupal 10 prioritizes security, which is a paramount concern for government websites. In addition, the Drupal Security Team constantly monitors and addresses security vulnerabilities, so it is ideal for government agencies dealing with sensitive information.
- Compliance with Standards: WCAG, data protection, and federal security standards (e.g., FedRAMP in the United States) are the regulations and standards governing government websites. These standards are built into Drupal 10, making it easier for government agencies to stay compliant.
- Open-Source Flexibility: The open nature of Drupal ensures scalability and flexibility in website development, aligning with government transparency and cost-effectiveness principles.
- User-Friendly Content Management: An intuitive and user-friendly content management system, Drupal 10 makes it easy for government content editors to create, edit, and publish content without any technical expertise. As a result, content management is simplified, ensuring that information is accessible and up to date.
- Accessibility and Inclusivity: Accessibility and inclusivity are important features of Drupal 10. Its responsive design and mobile-friendly features allow government websites to serve diverse audiences, including those with disabilities.
- Scalability: Government websites must handle varying levels of traffic, especially during elections or emergencies. Drupal 10’s scalability ensures that websites can perform reliably under increased load, maintaining the availability of essential information.
- Modular Architecture: Drupal 10’s modular architecture allows adding features and functionalities as needed. Government agencies can gradually expand their website’s capabilities, reducing development costs and avoiding the need for a complete overhaul.
Drupal 10 is the CMS of choice for government websites due to its comprehensive security, compliance features, open-source flexibility, user-friendly content management, community support, interoperability, accessibility, scalability, modular architecture, and proven success in the public sector. These reasons make Drupal 10 a reliable and adaptable platform for government agencies looking to create secure, accessible, and user-friendly websites that comply with industry standards and regulations.
A government agency looking to thrive in the digital era, Drupal 10 provides the framework for success. Its combination of security, performance, accessibility, and adaptability, as demonstrated by vTech Solution, positions it as the CMS of choice for the future. You’ll find an ally in your journey to an outstanding online presence with Drupal 10.
- Initlab. “Drupal 10 Is out: What’s New and Why It’s Best to Start Migrating Now.” Drupal, 25 Jan. 2023, www.drupal.org/case-study/drupal-10-is-out-whats-new-and-why-its-best-to-start-migrating-now. Accessed 2023.
- Jha, Soumya. “Why Drupal Is the Best CMS for Federal Sites.” ZYXWare Technologies, 5 Sept. 2023, www.zyxware.com/article/6229/top-7-reasons-why-drupal-best-cms-federal-sites. Accessed 2023.
- “Top Reasons Why Drupal Should Be Preferred for Government’s Website CMS.” Developers.Net, 2023, www.developers.dev/tech-talk/opensource-development/top-reasons-why-drupal-should-be-preferred-for-government-s-website-cms.html#:~:text=Drupal%20is%20secure,issues%20and%20rolling%20them%20out. Accessed 2023.